All you need for this super easy banana bread recipe is:
- 1 cup self raising flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 30g butter, melted
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1/4 cup (60ml) milk
- 1/2 cup banana, mashed
- Walnuts for topping (optional)
- Preheat over to 180C (160C fan forced). Line a square loaf tin (or two mini loaf tins) with baking paper. Extend above the rim to allow for easy lifting once cooked.
- Sift flour into a mixing bowl. Stir in sugar. Make a well in the centre. Add butter, egg, vanilla, milk and banana. Stir until just combined.
- Place into loaf tin/s. Top with walnuts if desired.
- Bake for 25-35 minutes depending of tin sized used.
- Allow to cool, before cutting into small pieces.