If you don’t have an easy Patty Cake recipe, this is one we use when we need a sweet treat to take to school, preschool or playgroup.
60g margarine or butter
1/3 cup caster sugar
1 large egg
1 tsp vanilla essence
¼ cup milk
1 cup of self raising flour
1. In a large bowl mix together margarine and sugar
2. Add in egg and vanilla essence. Mix well
3. Add in milk and sifted flour in small quantities until
4. Place into a patty tin lined with patty cases.
5. Bake at 180C for 10-12 minutes.
6. Once cool, decorate and serve.
Makes 12 standard cakes or 24 mini cakes.