125g butter, softened
1/3 cup caster sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla essence
1 egg yolk
1 1/3 cups plain flour, sifted
3 tbsps raspberry or strawberry jam
1. Preheat oven to 180C. Grease and line baking tray/s.
2. Using an electric mixer, beat butter, sugar and vanilla essence together for 2-3 minutes.
3. Add egg yolk, beating for a further minute. Add sifted flour and stir to combine.
4. Roll out to 1/2 cm thick and using a heart shaped cookie cutter, press out individual heart cookies.
5. With your thumb press a dent in the centre of each heart and fill with a small dollop of jam.
Cook for 10-15 minutes until golden. Makes approx 10 cookies
Once cooled, dust with icing sugar (optional)